Pages

Thursday 9 February 2017

Inspired by MAF

MAF was incredibly inspring. This year i focused on seeing as many shorts as i could, and while i didn't enjoy absolutely everything, the variation of shorts really inspired me, both in visual style and subject. A particular favorite was Mr Madila, which was incredibly simple yet incredibly entertaining and left the audience in stitches.

The variation in styles definitely put me at ease about visual style, even the more simple animations, or animations with a much looser style were still entertaining and visually appealing. This will hopefully make me more confident at facing such a large task. One element that seemed to draw me in specifically was bright colours and a quick pace (though not throughout the entire animations, only for appropriate moments)

Going to MAF this year has also helped me decide on my goal for extended practice, which is to make an animation to be submitted to festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment