Pages

Thursday 9 February 2017

The Space Station

The first piece of coloured concept art i produced was this one above. I want the animation to be sci fi so i want the delivery man to start in a space station. This initial first drawing was to help determine colour schemes for the planet and to try out textured brushes. These tests can be seen in my art book. 

I then decided that i should come up with a different design and i didn't find the original interesting enough, so i started by drawing out silhouettes of interesting shapes for space station. I took influence from a few spaceships in particular, namely the Icarus 2 from Sunshine, and a more boat looking design similar to Gurren Lagaan. I also added a layer with neon signs in order to further experiment with designs and was particularly happy with the spire looking space station.  


I utilised the brushes i used for the planet designs in order to come up with my "final" design which while i am quite happy with this space station it looks incredibly over the top and complex and looks much better when it was a small simple sketch, i need to do more experimentation but because it wont feature a huge ammount in the animation i need to focus on developing different areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment