Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

Applied Animation 18: Animating the Face

Animating the movement in the arms wasn't anything new for me, my technique often relys on the length of frames themselves rather than the amount of inbetweens so i simply draw the position of the arms that is in the middle of the other two positions, and it seems to work well, it was simple and effective. The really new thing for me was animating facial expressions, and the lipsyncing talk really came in to practice for it. I first focused on the mouth. I kept it simple, switching between mouth shapes for the noises at the time without focusing on any in betweens. I then added some extra little touches, such as his eyes looking across the room, and scrunching up when he gets passionate. In the end i feel like this was a very successful scene, and it was extremely time effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment