Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Character and Narrative 3: Modeling

Following a guide that Matt created I made a maya model, using reference T pose images. With Matts guides i learnt a lot of new processes and refreshed my memory of a lot of old ones that i used when modelling London.

I started with the pelvis and then  moved up the torso.

 I then extruded the leg and the upper arm.

 Then i finished the rest of the arm to the wrist and made the foot.

 I then created the hand which was the most time consuming, not because of difficulty but because of how detailed it was made modelling take up longer. Next was the head, and i then mirrored the body.

I found i had the most trouble when using the easier but bigger tools such as when i had to mirror the model, furthermore i have learnt that modelling is much easier on a bigger monitor. I have also learnt that often when using a reference image, on the side profile the arm gets in the way a lot. To prepare for this i shall leave the arm out of the side profile reference image and use a top down reference image for the arm and hand.

I am confident i will be effective at modelling the characters after we design them.

No comments:

Post a Comment